Catering & Menus
Lunch menus for Week 1,2 and 3 'Main Menus' and 'Grab and Go'. Applies to both Campuses.
Crestwood Community School operates a biometrics cashless catering system to enhance our catering provision.
There are a number of important benefits:
- A faster, more efficient service, so that queuing time is reduced.
- Parents can pay in advance online for their child’s meals, cutting out the need for students to carry cash.
- Parents can have increased confidence that dinner money is being used for the intended purpose.
- Students entitled to free meals will have a daily credit automatically applied to their account, so that the entitlement remains completely confidential.
- The system places a daily spending limit on each account.
- The system can be used to encourage ‘healthy eating’ and parents, if they so wish, can monitor their child’s choices.
- It is a secure system and students can only access their own account.
The cashless system is a software programme which recognises each individual student, holds individual cash balances and records expenditure and cash received. It also records where and when money is spent and on what food.
We would strongly encourage parents to pay on-line rather than sending cash with students. If you already use the college on-line payments system then the log-in will remain the same. Students will also be able to add cash to their accounts and check the account balance using the cash terminal in college.
Students and staff will be registered by biometric measurement and photograph. The biometric measurement involves the measurement of a number of points on a finger. This information is then converted and stored as a unique number. Parents, staff and students can rest assured that the fingerprint information held cannot be re-converted back into an image of the fingerprint, nor can it be used for any other source for identification purposes.
A biometric scanner will be used at each till, whereby a student (or a member of staff) will place their finger on the scanner to activate the individual account. A display will show the server the student’s name, tutor group and current balance held within the system. The server will then enter the selected food and drinks items into the terminal from an itemised keyboard, while the amount spent and the new cash balance will show in the display.